Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Final Exam

4. The photo this year that changed my view of photography was the one of Lucas Williams "sitting" against the curb, with the perspective rotated 90 degrees. For one thing, this photo literally is a change in perspective. It also showed me that the arts can be interpreted many ways, and that we have to be open and willing to see the world in a new fashion. This realization especially applies to photography, since I had always considered photos (a digital, realistic medium) to be the height of flat-out literal reality. However, the change in perspective shows that there can still be multiple ways of looking at reality.

from Presentation Project

5. Shape is a closed line; it is flat, two-dimensional, and expresses length and width. Form is the three-dimensional version of shape; it expresses depth in addition to length and width. 
My Elements of Art: Shape photo shows a leaf on the pavement and the leaf is mostly flat, so it expresses shape. On the other hand, my Elements of Art: Form photo is a bud on a plant stalk, which is very 3-d and shows depth in the roundness almost like a cylinder. 

6. Pattern is the repeated use of a visual symbol or physical object in different places in the work of art, in this case the photograph. Repetition is the reuse of different elements of art or design throughout the photo, and makes the photo seem active. 
My single post for Principles of Design: Pattern and Repetition shows photos for both principles. In the first photo, pattern is clearly demonstrated by the green grids on the window frames. There is also a reuse of the red support beams, so the photo shows different patterns. The second photo uses repetition of several distinct patterns. The overarching theme is a row of repeated objects down the line of sight, and the different patterns used are: trees, railings, election posters, and the benches. 

7. This is my About page on Weebly. I was inspired by the Furrtographer

8. My last three projects were: 
I think my best project was my Final Project, a compilation of photos of my and my friends' pets. Although this was not necessarily the best in terms of photo quality alone, it taught me to manage my time and resources and make the best of what I had. I had originally planned to do a photoshoot over the weekend at my friend's, but it turned out the project was due Friday, so I didn't end up taking photos of Snowflake. Instead, I used two shots of Chichi. In addition, I realized that pets are not so easily obedient as we pet owners would like to believe. Puggle was so positively overexcited at having a visitor that she barely stood still. I had always known this, but being subject to the whims of a puppy somewhat humbles a proud cat owner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment